Microstructures of Learning: Novel methods and approaches for assessing structural and functional changes underlying knowledge acquisition in the brain
Yaniv Assaf, Dept. of Neurobiology, Tel Aviv University, "Learning in the fast-lane: New insights into neuroplasticity from micro-strcutural MRI"
Ruth de Diego Balaguer, Cognition and Brain Plasticity Group,University of Barcelona, "Brain structural and functional differences associated to language learning abilities"
Speakers representing the HuMeNS-Advanced Study Group
- Johan Mårtensson, Dept. of Psychology, Lund University, "Proficiency and brain structure during intense language learning"
- Markus Nilsson, Lund University BioImaging Center, "Quantification of diffusional anisotropy in regions of complex tissue microstructure using non-conventional diffusion MRI"
- Mikael Roll, Dept. of Linguistics, SOL-Center, Lund University, "ERP—exploring the temporal microstructure of cognitive functions in the brain"
- Yury Shtyrov, CFIN, Århus University, "Electrophysiological and haemodynamic biomarkers of rapid acquisition of novel wordforms"
- Daniel Topgaard, Dept. of Chemistry, Lund University "Multidimensional diffusion MRI: From colloid science to learning studies"