Archaeology and Architecture in Europeana
Date: 20th June, 2018
Address: University of Lund,
This one-day workshop is jointly hosted by CARARE and the University of Lund.
The theme for the workshop is ‘Archaeology and Architecture in Europeana’.
The physical remains of Europe’s rich heritage are all around us. The historic houses we live and work in, the places we go to worship, places we visit to explore tombs, earthworks, architectural ruins or monuments to industries past, the museums we visit, the shape of our landscape and the ground beneath our feet.
Digital technologies are widely used to capture the heritage for conservation and research, for analysis, to support learning and tourism, and for enjoyment. This workshop will explore how digital content for the archaeological and architectural heritage can be made available to users of Europeana, experiences and best practices, and potential re-uses of the content for education, tourism, and researchers.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include:
• Case studies of archaeology and architecture content in Europeana
• Approaches to publishing 3D models online for users of Europeana
• Linking contextual and historical information to digital resources for archaeology and architecture
• Linked data for archaeology and architecture
• Uses of archaeology and architecture datasets for education, cultural tourism, creative industries etc.
The event will include oral presentations, demos and discussion sessions.
15 Dec 2017 Call for contributions and registration opens
15 March 2018 Call for contributions closes
10 June 2018 Registration closes
20 June 2018 Workshop
Submit an abstract
Send the abstract for your presentation or demo to this email address email@example.com, with your name and affiliation. The abstract should be no longer than 300 words.
Please register for “Archaeology and Architecture in Europeana” workshop using EventBrite at: